VOICES OF THE GREAT WAR EDUCATION EVENT
Come along to this free education event based on the voices of the Great War, in association with the production of Pat Barker's REGENERATION.
· 7pm Welcome by Peter Cutchie Chief Executive
· 7.05pm Intro to the show by Neale Birch, Associate Producer TCTC
· 7.15pm “Regeneration: Fact and Fiction.” An exploration of medical treatment at the front and at home in WW1
Dr Phylomena Badsey MA, Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Wolverhampton
· 7.40pm Poetry readings by 1-2 cast members - earlier famous patriotic WW1 poems (The Soldier by Brooke, In Flanders Fields by John McCrae, Who’s For The Game by Jessie Pope )
· 7.50pm Performance by theatre adult choir of World War 1 related songs
8pm SHORT INTERVAL in stalls bar
Interest Stalls in foyer by local historian Billy Howe, Waterstones, British Legion local branch- poppy appeal, etc.
· 8.15pm Poetry readings by 1-2 cast members- poems of Sassoon and Owen ( suggestions: Dulce and Decorum est, Anthem For Doomed Youth, Arms and The Boy, Suicide In The Trenches, Does It Matter?)
· 8.45pm “Anthems For Doomed Youth” : Exploring the poets of WW1 Jacqui Rowe, Poet
· 8.55pm Readings of shortlisted TCTC War Poetry For Today competition
· 9.10pm Extract scene preview from Regeneration with cast members
· 9.20pm Finish- thank you by Creative Learning Manager