40 years ago The Kick Inside introduced to the world the genius of Kate Bush.
The hit single ‘Wuthering Heights’ stopped everyone who heard it in their tracks, yet every song on the album was proof that here was a musical imagination like no other. The world fell under Kate’s spell and a legion of fans was born.
Due to overwhelming demand for a repeat of their sold-out show in London, which marked the anniversary of the album’s release, CLOUDBUSTING are bringing their spectacular performance of ‘The Kick Inside’ to the West Midlands.
This is a unique chance to celebrate 40 YEARS OF KATE BUSH with a host of special musicians and performers from Kate’s magical world:
- Del Palmer, Kate’s partner for many years, studio engineer and bass player on so many studio tracks and on the 1979 ‘Tour of Life’, will be performing her music for the first time in 38 years.
- Preston Heyman, Kate’s drummer from the ‘Tour of Life’ and many studio recordings including the remarkable ‘Sat In Your Lap’. An accomplished producer and percussionist, Preston has worked with artists including Paul McCartney and Tina Turner.
- Stewart Avon Arnold, Kate’s long-time dance partner and choreographer, providing a specially-choreographed dance alongside Tori Wood-Ives.
- The Brilliant Strings quartet, gloriously reproducing the album’s rich orchestrations. The members have made a major contribution to the world of music, film and theatre, having worked with international artists such as Madonna, Marc Almond and Jools Holland.
- Saxophonist Vicky Cowles' scintillating contribution to ‘The Saxophone Song’.
- And of course the full line-up of CLOUDBUSTING, heralded by BBC ONE as one of the most authentic tributes in the world, headed by vocalist Mandy Watson and joined by the stunning backing vocals of Julia Krajewska and Nadie Keating.
Don’t miss this second chance to experience it, plus a full complement of songs from the rest of Kate’s 40 year career including Babooshka, Hounds Of Love and Running Up That Hill, in the glorious surroundings of Wolverhampton Grand Theatre on Wednesday 21st March.
‘If you missed Kate, Cloudbusting is the next best thing!’ - Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
‘Mandy started singing and I thought ‘Wow, that’s amazing!'' - Paddy McGuinness, BBCTV
'I need to go to this!' - Zoe Ball, BBC Radio 2