Introducing Generation Grand, Gen-G! Our brand new Youth Ambassador scheme!
Introducing Generation Grand (Gen-G), our brand new youth ambassador scheme!
Wolverhampton Grand Theatre are looking for young people to become Generation Grand. Gen-G will be the youth representatives for our theatre. Gen G ambassadors will play a crucial part in helping to develop how young people engage with the theatre and help to create opportunities for other young people from Wolverhampton and the West Midlands.
Wolverhampton Grand is a long-established theatre in the heart of the Midlands. It receives a wide range of major touring productions including drama, musicals, ballet, dance, opera, variety, concerts, children’s shows and one of the biggest pantomimes in the UK, with audiences from across the region and beyond taking advantage of excellent transport links to the city. Admired by performers and audiences alike for its intimate three-tiered Victorian auditorium, the Grand celebrated its 125th Anniversary in December 2019.
Gen-G is aimed at local young people and offers great experience in arts management and event planning as well as building teamwork skills and confidence. The role of the Grand Theatre youth ambassadors will be to ignite, excite, and inspire the young people of Wolverhampton and the wider community to engage with the Grand Theatre and grow together in a cohort of peers who are committed to theatre and its development and impact in Wolverhampton. The youth ambassadors will meet monthly to watch, critique, and discuss performances, participate in workshops led by professional artists and share experiences designed to develop leadership skills.
Gen-G ambassadors will provide a vital youth voice in our theatre and help us connect further into the local community. In return, we offer unique opportunities for participants to develop their skills, learn new ones and feel empowered to enact change.
- Access to our First Call and Sixteen25 membership schemes. First Call is specifically designed for those aged 8 – 15 and our Sixteen25 scheme is designed for those aged 16 – 25
- Complimentary tickets to shows and ticket offers
- Pre and post-show Q&As with cast and creatives
- Access to Grand Arena Youth Theatre membership and productions (subject to availability)
- School offers when receiving National Theatre touring shows
- The chance to participate in the Panto Project
- Summer School Activities
- The chance to participate in a two-week intensive summer school with performance on Grand Theatre Stage of a musical theatre favourite (subject to availability)
- Skills workshops with industry professionals
- Support to plan and deliver projects and events
- Unique behind the scenes access to our theatre
- Future career planning and guidance
In no more than 500 words, tell us how you would contribute to amplifying the youth voice of the Grand Theatre by becoming one of our youth ambassadors.
Registration is open to young people aged from 8 – 25 years old, from all ethnicities, genders and backgrounds and of any ability.
Closing date for applications is Monday 5 September.